What's Lurking in Your Ducts?
Did you know your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality? Inspecting the ductwork in your home or facility should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home. Over time, different contaminants or foreign objects can enter and collect in your air ducts that may diminish the indoor air quality of your home or office or cause other damages to your HVAC system.
A routine part of your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional's repertoire is inspecting the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit (HVAC). By keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean you can potentially extend the life-span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which in turn may help you save money. Similarly, duct cleaning may not always be necessary. Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained on how to properly inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This simple inspection can help save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
Below you will find the steps to the SERVPRO Duct Cleaning System an industry leading and cost efficient method:
- Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, your SERVPRO Franchise uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- First, our technicians use a roto scraper which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct in order to remove debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16 gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- Sealant or coating may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns and filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO of Cheshire County today!