Quick Tips to Prevent Frozen & Burst Pipes
Here are some quick and easy tips to help prevent frozen and burst pipes:
- Keep garage doors closed, especially if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Keep the thermostat set to a consistent temperature, especially during a cold snap.
- Open kitchen and vanity cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate around the plumbing.
- If you’re going to be away more than a day during a cold snap, it doesn’t hurt to have a trusted friend or family member check in to ensure all is well.
- Once the seasons start to change and temperatures outside start to drop, it's a good idea to disconnect your garden hose from the exterior faucet. Also, be sure to turn off the water supply going to the outdoor faucet.