Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Cheshire County is available around the clock, 365 days a year to assist with emergency water damage mitigation. Our staff is thoroughly trained, and industry trained to respond quickly and professionally. Following initial notification of the damage, SERVPRO of Cheshire County will be on-site in less than four hours, and often times, much less. Upon arrival, SERVPRO of Cheshire County will begin extracting water, removing damaged debris, organizing personal belongings, and utilizing commercial drying equipment. It's never too early to being the water mitigation process. There are several actions you, as the property owner can take to begin mitigating the water damage to your residential or commercial property which can reduce the risk of potential secondary damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (603) 352-7251
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.