How to Prevent A Fire In Your Home
Did you know that every year there are over 360,000 fires in the United States? That’s about 1000 fires a day! Fires destroy countless homes every year. Sometimes these home fires can be prevented by implementing these important fire safety tips in your home:
- Install an adequate amount of smoke detectors and fire alarms in your home. Also, be sure to regularly check that your alarms are working properly and keep up with replacing the batteries
- Always keep lighters, matches and fire starters out of reach of children
- Teach your children basic fire safety rules
- If you smoke, smoke outside
- Don’t leave cooking food unattended
- Shut off appliances when you are done using them. If you leave home then realize you’re not sure you remembered to shut the stove off it’s better to be safe than sorry. Go home and make sure it’s off.
- Keep flammable items a safe distance from lit candles, fireplaces/woodstoves and stovetops.
In the event of a fire, always put safety first. When you are ready for help putting your home back together, call us at (800) 352-7251. We are here to help.